The grand finale of the Ancient World in London series is approaching and one lucky explorer will be walking away with the grand prize – a holiday in Fethiye, Ovacik, Turkey, courtesy of HolidayMate. To be in with a chance, you will need 1066 points. To thank all you AWiL participants for your tireless explorations, we’re offering special bonus points this week to increase your chance of scooping this amazing holiday.
The prize is a breathtaking holiday for 2 people for 7 nights on the sunny shores of Ovacik, Turkey. The lucky winners will be treated to 4 star bed and breakfast accommodation at Green Anatolia Hotel, Fethiye – Ovacik. All flights from the UK to Dalaman are included, along with airport transfers. Your stay will also cover a two day tour of ancient Lycian sites around Dalyan. The flights are out of the UK airports only but if you are living outside of the UK don’t worry – you can either travel to London or give the holiday prize to a friend to enjoy who is actually living in the UK.
Climb up the Points Leaderboard:
- Every day I will be in Heritage Key Virtual, doing quests and tours and helping you with basic skills from 3pm till 6pm London time (GMT). If you join me, you will earn 100 points instantly. Log in and find me in Heritage Key Virtual and earn your 100 points.
- Take a photo of Heritage Key Virtual or Ancient World in London group.Upload it to our Flickr Groupor to Ancient World In London Flickr group and you can earn 100 points for each photo uploaded (click here for more details of this competition)
- Tell us in 140 characters why you would like to win our holiday in Turkey and tweet your reason using the hashtag #awil – we will grant you 250 points just for tweeting, and the most creative tweet of the lot will earn a whopping 500 points!
There are the other ways to earn extra points this week. In fact, all the usual ways in which you can earn points have been given a boost, making this the best time ever to participate in Heritage Key.
How to Earn Bonus Points This Week:
- Registering on Heritage Key. Do you know what year London was founded? That is the number of points you’ll get just for registering. Start here.
- Asking your friends to join us. Share your favourite locations with them and see who can make it to 1066 first. You get10 points for each friend you invite, and a dashing 100 points when they sign up. There is a limit to the number of friends you can invite to the site, so we suggest you choose the 20 most fun ones.
- Sharing your opinion.Some people are shy about commenting on history. To help you overcome your fear of commenting, we’ll grant you 10 points for each comment. Have you seen a good film (Avatar comes to mind) or read a good book?Your opinion and rating on a publication gets you 20 points.
- Correcting us. We admit we sometimes make mistakes. Point out an obvious flaw – one that cannot be debated – in an article or blogpost, and be rewarded with our eternal gratitude and 50 points.
- Not abandoning us!Once a week, for logging in to Heritage Key, we will reward you with 10 users points.
You have until midnight on 30th April to take advantage of this points giveaway.
Check out our things to do page regularly to follow what we are doing and what’s planned.